One of its uses is it can cure constipation, a condition in which the bowel emptying occurs infrequently, and cause pain.
How Apple Cider Vinegar helps to treat Constipation:
- Apple Cider Vinegar acts as natural laxative which helps to induce the bowel movements.
- Apple cider vinegar contains pectin which is a water soluble fibre that helps to normalize the acid levels and increase the absorption of fibre to improve the digestion and to treat constipation.
- It has malic acid which helps to ease the digestive problems like constipation.
- ACV is made up of fermented apples into alcohol with the addition of sugar and yeast and which ferment into acetic acid that eases constipation.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Constipation:
Apple cider vinegar is proven treatment for constipation and it can be used in many ways. Some of the popular methods are discussed below. Follow this process regularly to get rid of the constipation.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Mix apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of fresh water and honey, or apple or grape juice and drink twice a day(once in the morning and once in the night before going to bed).
- Or ACV can also be taken in pills form, although consult your doctor about dosage.
Method – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey)
- Take a tablespoon of raw organic or manuka honey.
- Mix with two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water.
- Drink this twice a day i.e. once in the morning on empty stomach before breakfast and once 30 minutes before going to bed.
Method – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Flaxseeds)
- Add 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds to 2 cups of boiling distilled water.
- Boil for 10 minutes after that strain the seeds.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to strained water.
- Drink this regularly.
Method – 4: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Psyllium Husk Powder)
- Into a glass of water, add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of psyllium husk powder.
- stir well and drink it immediately before it coagulates.
- Repeat the process regularly.
- To improve taste, you can add 2 teaspoons of honey into it.
Note: Make sure to drink lots of water through out the day while following this method.
Apple Cider Vinegar for IBS Constipation:
IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is defined as a disruption of or an intolerance for intestinal movements, it can be uncomfortable and painful! ACV possesses anti-bacterial properties that helps to treat IBS by eliminating the harmful bacteria and allows your body to digest the food properly. It also contains living nutrients and beneficial bacteria that help for better digestion.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of water.
- Stir it well and drink this twice a day before meals.
- Try not to take on an empty stomach.
When you’re using apple cider vinegar as a solution to cure constipation, make sure to follow certain precautions.
- Drinking lots of apple cider vinegar can have some side effects. It is acidic in nature and when taken it can irritate your throat and stomach. Therefore drink in moderation and mix with water if it is your first time.
- If you experience the persistent constipation, tit might be best to consult other methods.
Have you used any other remedy of apple cider vinegar for constipation? If so, we would love to hear about them.