Warts are one of the common skin problems that appear on any part of the body, but the palms and feet are the most affected areas. They are basically a small, harmless hard growth on the skin’s surface and especially develops on broken skin. Warts are caused by a virus called human papillomavirus (HPV).
There are several anti-wart creams and several other counter top products to get rid of warts. But many of these can contain harsh chemicals that might burn skin and cause pigmentation. Apple cider vinegar is one of the natural and safe ways to get rid of warts.
Can apple cider vinegar help to remove warts?
Apple cider vinegar when applied on warts can help to get rid of the problem. The wart might swell and cause a little pain but regular application of ACV on it can gradually helps to peel of the wart.
- The acidic property of apple cider vinegar helps to soften and peel of warts naturally from its roots.
- The anti-viral property of apple cider vinegar slows down the further growth and spread of virus thus protecting other parts of the body against wart.
- Pure ACV is free from any synthetic chemicals hence can be used to remove warts safely.
How to use apple cider vinegar to remove warts?
Method 1 – Pure apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Clean the affected area with water.
- Apply petroleum jelly around the healthy skin surrounding the wart to prevent the healthy skin from the effect of concentrated ACV.
- Dip cotton ball in pure apple cider vinegar and place on wart.
- You may use more cotton balls on various parts where ever you have warts.
- Use a band-aid to keep the cotton ball on wart.
- Leave it overnight to work on wart.
- Follow the process every day before going to bed to remove warts.
Method 2 – Apple cider vinegar and baking soda
- Apply petroleum jelly around the healthy skin surrounding the wart.
- Make a paste of ACV and baking soda.
- Apply the paste on warts and leave it overnight.
- You may also use a cotton ball and band-aid to cover wart after applying the paste.
- Leave the paste to dry and wash off.
- Follow the process every day to get rid of warts.
Method 3 – Apple cider vinegar and vitamin C capsule
The high acidic property of ACV and vitamin C capsule helps fight wart virus, soften the rough skin and peel of wart easily.
- Mix the contents of vitamin c capsule with ACV to make a thick paste.
- Apply the vitamin C rich paste on warts.
- Cover with a band-aid and leave it overnight.
Method 4 – Apple cider vinegar and potatoes
- Mix equal quantities of potatoes and ACV.
- Apply the mixture on wart several times a day.
- You can also apply the mixture during night and wash off the next morning.
- Follow the process everyday till warts peel off naturally.
Note: ACV can darken skin. Potato juice in the mixture helps to remove wart and also lighten the skin
Method 5 – Apple cider vinegar and aloe vera
- Break a fresh aloe vera leaf to collect aloe gel.
- Mix few drops of ACV with the gel.
- Apply the mixture on warts 2 to 3 times a day.
- The mixture can be applied on warts and left overnight as well.
- Following the process everyday helps to clear warts by softening the wart and discourage viral growth.
Method 6 – Apple cider vinegar and lemon peel
- Make slight incisions on the outer side of lemon peel.
- Dip the peel in ACV and place the peel with the greener surface on wart.
- Wrap a band-aid to keep the lemon peel in place.
- Leave it overnight to allow ACV and essential nutrients of lemon peel work on the wart.
- Continue the process everyday till the wart peels of naturally.
Method 7 – Apple cider vinegar and garlic
- Crush fresh garlic and mix with ACV.
- Apply the mixture on wart and cover with a bandage.
- Leave the mixture overnight on wart and wash it off the next morning.
- Apply the mixture till you find relief from wart.
Method 8 – Apple cider vinegar and castor oil
- Clean wart with water.
- Apply apple cider vinegar on it using cotton ball.
- Leave it to dry.
- Now apply castor oil on wart and message gently for few minutes.
- Follow the process every day to get rid of warts.
Tips and Precautions
- Always remember to use pure apple cider vinegar to treat warts.
- Since wart affected skin is generally hard, applying concentrated ACV helps to soften and remove wart. But if you feel more burning or irritation, feel free to diluted ACV with little water before using.
- Remember to protect the healthy skin around wart by applying petroleum jelly before using AC on wart. This will protect the healthy skin from the acidic effect of ACV.
- Do not try to peel or file wart as it would remove only a portion of it. Instead follow the above remedies and allow the wart to gradually peel off the natural way from its roots.
- Remember not to apply ACV on any open wounds or bruised skin as ACV if applied on open wounds and cause redness and severe irritation.
- If you have warts in sensitive parts of your body such as near the eye area then do not use apple cider vinegar as remedy.
The above remedies when followed daily can help to gradually remove warts. All it requires is patience and little bit of time. Did you find the above methods useful?
If you have more wart removal home remedies with apple cider vinegar, then please share them with us.