In order to lose weight quickly, people try different methods like fad diets, weight loss pills, and commercial treatments. All these ways can temporarily decrease your weight, but after some time, you will gain it back. The correct formula for weight loss is – “Nutritional Food + exercise”.
Apart from that, you can boost up your weight loss regimen with some ingredients present in your kitchen like apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, cinnamon and lemon. Here, we shall discuss on how apple cider vinegar can be included in your weight loss routine.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss: Does it Work?
- The organic acids, minerals, vitamins and enzymes present in apple cider vinegar increase metabolism which enables our body to burn fat faster and prevent the accumulation of fat.
- The beta-carotene present in apple cider vinegar helps to break down and remove the fat from the body.
- It is rich in potassium and fibers which reduce the glucose content in our blood stream. This helps in controlling sugar carvings and binge eating.
- The fiber content in acv absorbs the toxins and improves bowel movement. So our body gets detoxified.
- It discourages the water retention in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar also improves overall health. It lowers cholesterol levels, improves oxygen flow throughout the body and fight with bacteria causing infections.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
You have to drink it on an empty stomach and 30 minutes before lunch/dinner. This improves digestion and makes you feel satiated which helps in eating less calories and prevents binge eating.
Process of Making ACV Drink:
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of warm/normal water.
- Stir well and drink it.
- Alternatively, you can add it to fruit/vegetable juice or tea (make sure it is not too hot).
For Added Benefits and Taste:
If you are not a fan of apple cider vinegar taste, then you can add various ingredients to enhance its taste and effectiveness. We have provided the list below. You can add one, two or more ingredients to make your own customized acv weight loss drink.
- Honey: Honey increases energy levels and suppresses food cravings. It eases the digestion process and boosts the metabolism to burn the fats. You can add a tablespoon to the acv drink.
- Lemon: The pectin fibers present in lemon prevent hunger pangs. It helps in flushing out the toxins and enhances the functioning of vital organs. You can add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to acv drink.
- Cinnamon: It cleanses the fat accumulated in the colon and digestive system. It lowers the bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol levels. It regulates blood sugar levels. You can add a pinch to 1/2 teaspoon to the acv drink.
- Maple Syrup: If you are allergic to pollen then maple syrup can be the best alternative. It improves digestion and provides vitamins and minerals to the body. It acts as antioxidant. You can add 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon to the acv drink.
- Garlic: It stimulates the satiated hormone which makes you feel full for a longer period of time. It prevents binge eating and sugar carvings. It stimulates the process of burning stored fats. You can add 1 teaspoon of garlic juice or a pinch of garlic powder to the acv drink.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper improves digestion, curbs the appetite, boosts metabolism and helps in burning fats. You can add a pinch to 1 teaspoon of it to acv drink.
- Ginger: Ginger is a natural appetite suppressant which makes you feel full a long period of time. It improves digestion and gastrointestinal motility. You can add 1 teaspoon of garlic juice or a pinch of ginger powder to the acv drink.
Note: The acidic nature of acv can damage tooth enamel. So, it is better to drink it using a straw.
Other Ways of Using ACV for Weight Loss:
Apart from consuming acv drink, you can also add apple cider vinegar to your salads. It not only improves the taste but also helps the body digest properly to absorb all the nutrients. Let’s have a look at the preparation of various vinaigrette or dressings for salads using acv.
Recipe 1: Basic ACV Salad Dressing
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup each of olive oil and apple cider vinegar, 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped), 2 – 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, salt and pepper as per taste.
- Whisk the ingredients well and drizzle enough amounts over your salad.
Recipe 2: Garden Herb Dressing
- Combine 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs (basil, oregano or any other), 1/2 cup each of olive oil and apple cider vinegar, and 2 – 3 tablespoons of raw honey, salt and pepper as per taste.
- Mix the ingredients well and add enough amounts of it on the salad.
Recipe 3: Ginger Sesame Dressing with ACV
- In a bowl, combine 1 – 2 tablespoons of grated ginger, 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped), 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, 1/4 cup sesame oil, 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Mix well and add enough amounts of it to your salad.
For more such recipes you can read them here – https://yurielkaim.com/apple-cider-vinegar-salad-dressing/
Tips and Precautions:
- If taken undiluted, apple cider vinegar can cause upset stomach, indigestion, nausea, and heartburn.
- Avoid using distilled, filtered or pasteurized apple cider vinegar. For effective results use raw, organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, and make sure it contains the Mother.
- Undiluted apple cider vinegar can hurt the esophagus. So it is better to dilute it with water before drinking.
- The acidic nature of acv can damage the tooth enamel. Use a straw for consuming apple cider vinegar drink to avoid the damage.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and flush out toxins.
- Does ACV Interact with Medicines? Yes, it interacts. It is better to consult doctor to know whether it interacts with your medicines or not.
- When used in excess, apple cider vinegar can contribute to hypokalemia (low potassium), which decreases bone density and contributes to osteoporosis. If you have osteoporosis, do not take apple cider vinegar.
- If using diuretics, laxatives, or medications for diabetes or heart disease, consult your doctor to ensure that the apple cider vinegar will not interact negatively with them.
- ACV Dosage: The right dosage varies from person to person. Generally, the acv consumption per day should not exceed more than 6 tablespoons per day.
- Which Brand of ACV is good? We recommend using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar which provides pure, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized ones which contain mother element and 5% of acidity.
- Can pregnant people drink ACV? There are no specific proofs whether acv is safe to consume for pregnant and breast feeding women. We recommend consulting a doctor before trying it out.
- ACV Pills for Weight Loss: If you don’t like the taste of apple cider vinegar then you can take acv in tablets form. For proper dosage as per your medical history, consult a doctor.
- Nutrition Rich Diet: It is very important to maintain proper diet while losing weight. It provides essential nutrients to the body, maintains energy and avoids sugar carvings. Include fresh fruits, vegetables and green leafy veggies in your daily diet. Avoid deep fried or fatty foods.
- Exercise: Physical activity is very important to lose weight. Brisk walk for 15 minutes, stretches, yoga or aerobics, do them daily to reduce weight and improve metabolism.
- Never go Hungry: Avoid skipping meals. It doesn’t help with the weight loss, in turn it makes you weak and craves for sugars which increase weight.
- Foods to Avoid: Junk, processed, oily, fatty and canned foods and carbonated beverages should be avoided. Avoid sugary foods at least till you reduce weight.
- Snacking Habits: Instead of eating unhealthy snacks it is better to opt for green tea, salads or fruits.
Was this article helpful for you? Do you have any suggestions about the article? Then share it with us in the comments section below.