Stretch marks develop when the skin loses its elasticity. This happens when collagen connecting the skin tissues weakens due to the stretching. They can develop in any part of the body but the most common areas are upper arms, underarms, back, thighs, abdomen, and hips.
Stretch marks are very stubborn, if you want to reduce their appearance it takes a lot of time. Treating them as soon as they appear can show positive results in much lesser time.
Instead of depending on laser treatment, one can trust simple home remedies to reduce their appearance. They are safe, cost effective and have no side-effects.
Today, we will discuss more related to sugar for stretch marks….
Is Sugar Effective in Reducing Stretch Marks?
- Sugar is rich in glycolic acid (alpha hydroxyl acid) which stimulates the production of healthy skin cells.
- It exfoliates the accumulated dead skin cells.
- It locks the moisture in skin cells which makes them hydrated.
- Scrubbing with sugar improves blood circulation.
How to Use Sugar to Reduce the Appearance of Stretch Marks?
There are few different ways of using sugar for stretch marks. Choose any of them as per your convenience and don’t forget to try them regularly.
1) Sugar with Olive Oil
The vitamin E present in olive oil heals and improves the collagen production and skin’s elasticity.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rub the mixture gently on stretch marks.
- Leave it on for another few minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- For additional benefits, mix 3 drops of any essential oil in the mixture.
- Repeat at least 2 times a week.
Process 2: with Honey
- Mix equal amounts of sugar, olive oil and honey.
- Mix well and apply the solution on the stretch marks.
- Massage gently for few minutes and leave it on for 25 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process once in 2 days.
2. Sugar with Castor Oil
- Mix equal amounts of sugar and castor oil.
- Gently massage the mixture on stretch marks for 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry.
- Follow the process 2 – 3 times a week until you the results.
3. Sugar with Lemon Juice and Almond Oil
- Combine 1 tablespoon of sugar and few drops each of lemon juice and almond oil.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Rub the mixture on the stretch marks.
- After 10 minutes, rinse off with cold water.
- Repeat the process daily during the shower for at least 1 month.
- For extra benefits, you can add honey.
4. Sugar with Shea Butter
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup raw cane sugar, 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil, 5 drops of lavender essential oil, 1 tablespoon of shea butter and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Heat the mixture on a slow flame, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Remove from the flame and pour into a glass jar and close the lid.
- Massage a small amount of the mixture daily on stretch marks.
- Repeat the application 2 – 3 times a week.
- Alternatively, you can use olive oil instead of coconut oil.
5. Brown Sugar with Water
- Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar into a bowl.
- Stir by adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time.
- Once you achieve a mushy paste, gently scrub the mixture onto stretch marks in circular motions.
- After few minutes, rinse off with water.
- Repeat the process 3 times a week.
6. Sugar with Salt
- Combine 250 grams each of salt and sugar.
- Add 100 – 150 ml of palm oil into it and mix well.
- Shift the mixture into a container with tight lid.
- Massage the mixture in a circular motion for 2- 3 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply any moisturizer of your choice.
- Repeat the process 3 times a week.
- Alternatively, you can use coconut oil or any other vegetable oil instead of palm oil.
7. Sugar with Coconut Oil
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 3 – 4 drops of coconut oil to it.
- Mix well and massage the mixture gently on stretch marks for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture with water.
- Repeat the process 2 times daily to see the results.
- Melt 1 cup of coconut oil and remove from the flame.
- Add 1 cup of sugar into it and stir.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Once it cools down, apply enough amounts of the mixture on stretch marks.
- Gently rub for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Repeat the application daily.
- Store the remaining mixture for future use.
- Into glass bottle, add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and lemon juice and contents of 1 vitamin E capsule.
- Close the lid and shake well.
- Store the bottle in the refrigerator.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and apply it on stretch marks.
- Using a soft bristled brush, rub the stretch marks.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat daily before going to bath for effective results.
8. Sugar with Ground Coffee
- Combine 2 tablespoons each of sugar and sea salt, few drops of lemon juice, 3/4 cup of ground coffee beans and1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Rub the mixture on stretch marks in circular motions for 5 minutes.
- Now leave it on for another few minutes and rinse off with water.
- Follow the process 3 times a week.
- Combine 1/2 cup each of coffee grounds, brown sugar and coconut oil.
- Scoop out enough amounts of the mixture and apply on stretch marks.
- Gently massage for 5 minutes and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Wash the area with water and pat dry with soft towel.
- Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a week.
- Store the remaining mixture in an air-tight container.
- For extra benefits, add cinnamon powder into it.
- Combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup each of almond oil and vitamin E oil and 1 cup ground coffee.
- Wet the stretch marks areas with water.
- Scoop out enough amounts of the mixture and apply it on stretch marks.
- Gently massage for few minutes and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash the area with water and pat dry.
- Repeat 2 – 3 times a week.
- Store the rest over mixture in the refrigerator for future use.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup of cane sugar (organic), 1/2 cup of coffee grounds, 1/4 cup of ground oatmeal, 3 tablespoons each of honey and coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of calendula infused oil, 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 2 drops of peppermint oil.
- Mix the ingredients well and store in airtight container.
- Take enough amounts of mixture and rub it gently over the stretch marks.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Follow the process 2 – 3 times a week regularly.
- You can store the leftover mixture in the refrigerator for future use.
Tips and Precautions
- You can use brown sugar or cane sugar instead of white sugar.
- Make sure you scrub very gently as harshness can worsen the skin condition.
- Applying natural moisturizers like coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter or olive oil during pregnancy can prevent stretch marks to a maximum extent.
- Don’t use sugar methods, if you have cuts, bruises or wounds.
- Don’t scratch the stretch marks as it can cause infections and worsen the skin condition.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight.
- Perform a patch of the remedies before trying regular treatments.
- Include vitamin A, C and E fruits and vegetables in your routine diet.
Home remedies take time to show the results as stretch marks are very stubborn. But with some patience you can surely see the result in some days.
If you have any queries of suggestion on the article, please write to us in the comments section below. For more articles, stay tuned with our website…