Pollution, chemicals in cosmetics, dead skin and excess oil are the main things that lead to acne. A proper cleansing routine helps to keep the acne at bay. When it comes to cleansing acne-prone skin, normal soap doesnâ€™t help much to prevent and treat acne. You need an appropriate cleanser that helps to unclog the pores and remove the excess oil.
With all those different cleansers in the market, people often get confused to choose the right one. Here are the few things you have to bear in mind before purchasing the right one.
- Active Ingredients: Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are the two acne-fighting acne ingredients. Look at the ingredients list of the product to check whether it contains any one of them.
- Exfoliating Property: Presence of dead skin cells and impurities aggravate the problem. A cleanser should cleanse the skin deeply to exfoliate the same. Look at the label for the descriptors such as “exfoliating” or “deep cleansing”.
- Sensitivity: To stay on a safe side, only use products suited to your skin type.Â This rule just doesn’t apply to face washes, but to body washes, moisturizers, and face masks as well. You can check the label of the product for hypoallergenic or specific skin type.
- Specifics: non-comedogenic (doesnâ€™t clog pores), oil-free and, natural extract are few specifics you have to consider for an added advantage.
To help you make a decision, we have analyzed various products and narrowed the list of products to 10. We have selected them based on the above-mentioned characteristics, user reviews, and our research.
|Perfect Body Harmonyâ€™s||Sensitive||72% organic ingredients||4.2|
|Proactiv||All Types||Salicylic Acid||4.1|
|Phisoderm||Normal to dry||Skin Balancing Technology||4.6|
|Purpose Gentle Cleanser||All Types||Hypoallergenic||4.5|
|La Roche-Posay Effaclar||Oily to normal||Salicylic Acid||4.6|
|Neutrogena||Oily to normal||Salicylic Acid||4.1|
|Murad||Dry to normal||Salicylic acid||4.4|
|Peter Thomas Roth Beta||Oily to normal||Salicylic Acid||4.0|
|Â Aveeno||Â All Types||Â Salicylic Acid||4.3|
Top 10 Best Face Wash for Acne Prone SkinOut of all the products, â€œPerfect Body Harmonyâ€™s Face Washâ€ has stolen the first place as it contains 72% organic ingredients. It is surely a bang for the buck.
Top 10 Best Face Wash for Acne Prone Skin
This product has taken the top place in our list due to the presence of 72% organic formula and various botanical ingredients. And the best part is â€“ it comes with 30-day money back guarantee. The lavender, tea tree, and oregano extracts eliminate the acne-causing bacteria. Aloe vera soothes the skin, Vitamin C works as an antioxidant and organic geranium reduces the scars and hyperpigmentation. It also helps to prevent the breakouts by exfoliating the skin pores.
- Great for sensitive skin
- 72% organic ingredients
- Sulfate and paraben free
- Doesnâ€™t dry out the skin
- Didnâ€™t later much
- Caused new breakouts initially
This product is specially formulated to reduce breakouts and manage acne. It contains botanical ingredients and salicylic acid which helps to clear acne blemishes and prevent the formation of breakouts. As breakouts are usually formed as a result of clogged pores, this process ensures deep cleansing with its exfoliating power.
- Contains 2% salicylic acid
- Works great for clearing acne
- Leaves the skin refreshed
- Deeply cleansing
- A little pricey
- The product doesnâ€™t come with a pump
- Doesnâ€™t later much
This product has a unique soothing formula which exfoliates the dirt, oil, makeup without drying the skin. It leaves the skin fresh, healthy and radiant. It contains natural ingredients like vitamin E, aloe vera, and chamomile. It has skin balancing technology which is very important to maintain skin health. It doesnâ€™t leave any residue which causes pore clogging. It also effectively removes the makeup without drying or tightening the skin.
- Free from alcohol and dye so, it doesnâ€™t dry out the skin
- Leaves no residue
- Suitable for normal to dry skin
- Strong fragrance
- Doesnâ€™t later much
This product is dermatologistsâ€™ favorite cleanser. Its unique and gentle formula cleanses the skin without drying and irritating. It exfoliates the dirt, makeup, and oil without stripping away the moisture. It is doesnâ€™t clog the pores. It is hypoallergenic which states it is ideal for all skin types. It leaves a clean and refreshed look to the skin.
- Doesnâ€™t dry out, irritate or cause allergies
- Highly recommended for sensitive skin
- Won’t bleach the skin
- Doesnâ€™t strip out the moisture like soaps
- Not a standalone treatment for acne
- Has to be used in smaller amounts to prevent excessive dryness
This product is clinically proven for deep cleansing the skin without drying out the skin. It removes the excess oil and other impurities from the skin pores. It doesnâ€™t clog the pores. It is specially developed for oily, combination and normal skin types.
- Doesnâ€™t irritate the skin
- Has an unpleasant smell
- Doesnâ€™t lather much
This product is recommended by 25,000 dermatologists worldwide. It is specifically designed for daily skin care routine. Its unique formula has undergone stringent clinical testing for efficacy and safety. The salicylic acid exfoliates dead skin cells, excess oil and other impurities from the skin. This, in turn, results in fewer breakouts and scars. The glycerin present in it hydrates and replenishes the moisture content in the skin cells. It shrinks the enlarged pores and provides a smoother texture.
- Visibly tightens the pores
- Works well for oily to normal skin
- Deeply cleanses the skin
- Foamy texture
- It can be harsh on dry skin
This product contains a unique formula which cleanses the skin pores without drying out the skin. It contains medicated amounts of salicylic acid which acts as medication in treating acne. The microclear technology boosts the effectiveness of acne medicine. It doesnâ€™t clog the pores and treats the acne before breaking out.
- Doesnâ€™t cause irritation
- Removes dead skin and impurities
- Prevents future breakouts
- Can be too strong for mild breakouts
- Has an unpleasant smell
This product has 90% clinically proven effectiveness to combat breakouts and acne. It penetrates deeply and removes the excess oil, impurities, and dead skin. It doesnâ€™t contain any harmful chemicals like paraben, sulfates, and phthalates. The encapsulated salicylic acid will fight the harmful toxins causing breakouts.
- Not tested on animals
- Soothes irritated skin
- Affordably priced
- May dry out the skin with long-term use
- Too powerful for mild acne
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin type
This product contains 2% salicylic acid which is helpful to treat acne and unclog the pores. The allantoin soothes and calms the acne. Panthenol moisturizes, nourishes and clarifies the skin. It deeply penetrates into the pores to eliminate, clear up and prevent the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. It is best suited for oily skin type. It is oil free, alcohol-free and fragrance-free.
- Contains Pro-vitamin B5 which contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Works well for acne and oily prone skin
- Lasts very long
- Effective in removing blackheads and whiteheads
- contains Cocamidopropyl betaine which might cause allergies
- not suitable for dry skin
This product contains moisture-rich soy extracts which help in clearing and preventing breakouts. It leaves the skin smooth, clear and radiant. This cleanser is noncomedogenic, oil-free and hypoallergenic. It removes excess oil, dead skin and impurities without leaving the skin dry.
- Soothes the irritation
- Effective as a makeup remover
- Some people didnâ€™t like the smell
- May not be suitable for severe acne
Patch test before using the face wash to ensure it doesnâ€™t cause any irritation or allergies.
If your skin is acne prone, then use the face wash 2 times in a day, especially after coming home from outside. It helps to remove the impurities and heal the damage.
We hope this article helps you choose the right facial wash. You can also check out our top products for body acne.
Which face wash do you use for your acne prone skin? Did you try any face wash we mentioned in our list? Share your experience and suggestions in the comments section below.