Apple cider vinegar or cider vinegar or ACV is a type of vinegar made from cider or apple must and has a pale to medium amber color. ACV made by crushing the apples and squeezing out the liquid from it. Unpasteurized or raw or organic ACV contains mother of vinegar. It is used for many health and beauty problems. Here in this article we came to know that how ACV helps to treat heartburn.
What is Heartburn?
Heartburn is a burning sensation caused in the chest just behind the breastbone. It causes pain which will extend to neck, throat, and face. It can happen when your stomach acids come up into the esophagus (the tube that carries food from mouth to stomach) and these acids back up to cause burning sensation in the chest.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar help to treat Heartburn?
Yes, definitely apple cider vinegar helps to treat heartburn with the following properties.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to minimize the acidic environment of the stomach and helps to break down the food that aids at better digestion. Finally, all these will help to prevent the heartburn.
- ACV is acidic and the heartburn is caused by too little acid in the stomach so the esophageal sphincter doesn’t close properly due to low acidic properties and while adding these ACV it adds acid to it and helps for better digestion and it is alkaline forming which helps to break the food for better digestion.
- ACV contains acetic acid, a weak acid and when this acid meets stomach acid then the overall acidity of the stomach will be reduced but not rendered too alkaline to digest most foods and prevents heartburn.
- ACV provides an array of vitamins, minerals and promotes a more alkaline environment in the body. This process helps to destroy the harmful bacteria and that results in better health by improving improved digestion.
- ACV has acetic acid which when taken brings sensation at the top of the throat causing a flood of activity in the salivary glands. This saliva that produced with the movement aids in digestion and reduces heartburn.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Heartburn:
We can use ACV in many ways but some of the popular methods are given below. Try all these to get relief from the heartburn.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it a 1/2 cup of water or any fruit juice.
- Stir it well and drink it immediately after taking your meals
- Also you can take ACV in any supplement form like tablets, capsules or liquid.
- Or you can take ACV with water in the ratio 1:1 and drink it.
- For chronic conditions, take 2 tablespoons of ACV 3 times a day by diluting it in water.
- Follow it regularly to get relief from the heartburn completely.
Method – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey)
- Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and add a tablespoon of honey
- Mix it well in a cup of warm water
- Drink this which acts as antacid that relieves heartburn
- Drinking it regularly will help to treat heartburn.
Method – 3: (ACV)
- Take a tablespoon of ACV and mix it in 8 oz of cold or warm water
- Stir it well and drink it
- Drinking this regularly after taking meals will helps to prevent the heartburn.
Method – 4: (ACV with Other Ingredients)
- Take a tablespoon of ACV and mix it in 1/2 cup of water
- Then add either cinnamon or ginger or lemon to it
- Stir it well and drink after consuming meals it to get rid of the heartburn
- Follow up this process regularly to prevent heartburn completely.
Method – 5: (ACV with Sweeteners)
- Take a tablespoon of ACV and mix it together with either honey, maple syrup or molasses for added sweetness.
- Mix it well and drink this to clear heartburn
- Repeating this process of drinking ACV with other sweeteners after taking meals will reduce the heartburn.
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar for Heartburn:
It is one of the best apple cider vinegar that is raw, organic, unfiltered, unheated and unpasteurized which contains mother of the vinegar. So, it’s always better to use this organic, unfiltered vinegar which gives better results than the normal vinegar.
Take these precautions while using ACV to cure heartburn.
- ACV is acidic in nature so, always try to take it by diluting it either water or any juice. Or else your throat will be sore and your esophagus lining will become sore and cause pain.
- It’s always recommended to use the ACV which contains mother of vinegar i.e. raw, organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized ACV for better results.
- ACV has bitter taste so to get rid of the taste always mix it with other ingredients like lemon, honey, molasses, etc. to have double benefits and nice taste.
This is all about the Apple Cider Vinegar for Heartburn. We covered almost all about ACV for Heartburn.
Do you have any remedy I haven’t mentioned here? Then share with us to exchange the information about how ACV helps to treat Heartburn.