The liver is the largest organ in the body which has to perform various functions like it produces the bile and cholesterol in the body by digesting the food and also gives all the essential nutrients and energy for the body to perform its regular functions. It also helps to regulate the levels of fats, protein and sugar in the bloodstream.
Not only it helps to metabolize various drugs and alcohol which you like most and also the liver has to work continuously to remove the waste and other toxins from the body but also helps to handle a number of risks. So its not one or two but a lot of liver problems and other health problems will be kept at bay.
Or else you have at a risk of getting fatty liver, hepatitis (A, B, C, D and E), jaundice and liver cirrhosis are some of the common liver problems which you have to suffer from it. However some of these problems are generally managed with the below mentioned natural home remedies while others need some medical attention. So here we concentrated on three liver problems like fatty liver, hepatitis and liver cirrhosis which can be prevented or cured completely with these natural home remedies.
There are three common stages of liver diseases which gets cured thoroughly at beginning by identifying and treating the liver disease at the initial stage itself. They are Fatty Liver, Hepatitis (Liver Inflammation that leads to Jaundice) and Liver Cirrhosis (Liver Fibrosis). Let us know about these 3 liver problems in detail and the natural remedies to cure it completely.
Home Remedies for Liver Diseases:
Here we are going to know all about the natural home remedies for treating
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis (A, B and C)
- Liver Cirrhosis
To get rid of these liver problems, you have to follow all these natural and effective remedies but make sure to consult the doctor immediately to get complete cure from these liver problems.
1) Fatty Liver:
Fatty liver or steatosis hepatitis is the first and initial stage of occurrence of any liver problems. So one should always be alerted and starts to take care of the liver. This problem is mainly caused due to diet and other lifestyle related diseases. If you left this untreated then this fatty liver may lead to even more serious liver diseases such as cirrhosis and liver cancer (in certain cases).
This liver problem is defined as a condition that the liver gets enlarged due to the accumulation of fat cells. This fatty liver can be either alcoholic induced or non-alcoholic. Whenever this liver is overloaded with all these toxins like alcohol, fat or any other things which makes it to work harder to burn the fat at a faster rate but it is unable to convert all the fat into the energy.
Thus it makes you to feel a sudden loss of appetite, lethargy, pain in the upper right abdominal area, heartburn, acidity, vomiting or nausea and the body slows down due to fatigue. This fatty liver is also caused due to the increase in fat extraction from the intestines (place where the food which is consumed is processed). The dietary fat consumption, if remains in high continually then the fat which arrive at liver can also remains high.
These fats reduces the ability of liver to metabolize these great quantities of fats at any time, thus all these excess fats will be stored as triglycerides. Finally this gradual accumulation of the fats will definitely trigger the inflammation and injure the healthy liver cells.
The main cause for this fatty liver is heavy alcohol consumption but in certain cases, it can cause in non – alcoholic drinkers also. For people who are non – alcoholic, the reasons are poor diet, prolonged usage of prescription medicines, starvation, certain lifestyle problems like obesity, diabetes or high cholesterol levels.
This fatty liver is also termed to crop up during the pregnancy due to the hormonal imbalances that generally occur during the pregnancy and weight gain. But remember that when once the baby is delivered then the liver will heal by itself without any treatment to it.
However this fatty liver is a symptom free and if it is not detected in the routine blood test then it continued to progress to most severe form. This increase in the fat will disrupt the entire liver structure and thus interfere with the liver functions and triggers the inflammatory conditions.
This finally leads to the death of healthy liver cells that further leads to severe liver damage with the symptoms of jaundice along with whites of the eyes, nails, skin around the hairline turning a yellowish hue, sudden and unknown weight loss and difficulties in blood clotting.
So to get rid of all these problems, you have to check yourself regularly for fatty liver disease. Make sure that if you’re having diabetics or obese, then you have more risk than the people those who don’t have it, so diagnosed regularly through medical tests.
But if it turns to fatty liver then you must have to change your diet and lifestyles to prevent that fatty liver. Even though there are many herbal remedies for treating this fatty liver but in most of the times, changes in the diet and lifestyle changes will only required to cure the fatty liver problem.
Home Remedies for Fatty Liver:
Here are the diet and lifestyle remedies for curing this fatty liver. Other than this, some natural home remedies are also mentioned in below. Follow them regularly for a healthier liver and thereby all other bodily functions.
Include all these changes in your daily diet and follow them to get rid of the fatty liver.
- It’s better to avoid taking bad carbohydrates such as sugar, pastries, refined flour, white bread, refined foods and other processed or else sodas. These foods are easily gets converted into triglycerides which are a type of fat that was easily accumulated into liver. Have low carbohydrate diet which won’t cross 1500 calories every day.
- Regularly have some healthy carbohydrates which include least processed or unprocessed whole grains, fruits, vegetables and beans in the daily diet to prevent this fatty liver.
- Avoid the intake of bad fat like saturated and trans fats containing food such as high fat meat like lamb, beef, pork, butter, chicken with skin, ice – cream, whole fat dairy products, cheese, lard, etc. Also cut the Trans – fats containing foods by avoiding commercially baked muffins, cookies, pastries, dough nuts, cakes, packaged snacks like chips and crackers, vegetable shortening, stick margarine, candy bars, fried foods, etc.
- Include good fats like monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in your daily diet. For taking monounsaturated fats, you have to choose cold pressed oil for cooking purpose and also those which have omega – 3 fatty acids. Few good oils like canola oil, olive oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, etc. Include more of avocadoes, olives, nuts such as peanuts, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and peanut butter. To get polyunsaturated fats, you can include soybean oil, safflower oil, corn oil, flaxseed, walnuts, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, soymilk, fatty fish like tuna, mackerel, trout, salmon, herring, sardines, tofu, etc. Even though the good fats are good in nature but anything which is taken in over or excessive amounts will definitely convert itself into unhealthy or bad. So avoid taking them in excess.
- Always use less amounts of sugar and salt in your daily diet. In that place of salt, you may start using some healthy seasoning like vinegar or lemon juice. Also use organic honey in the place of refined sugar to cut down the salt and sugar quantity in your daily diet.
- Using healthy spices like turmeric, cumin, ginger, etc. while cooking the dishes will help you to heal the fatty liver problems excellently.
- Intake of fruits that aids in burning dietary fats rapidly like pineapple, papaya, apples and other similar fiber rich fruits in the daily diet to cure this liver problem.
- Fresh, well ripened tomatoes (prefer uncooked one) will also help you to cure this fatty liver and also to prevent its recurrences.
- Daily intake of 1/2 cup of bitter gourd juice or pieces will help to deal with this liver enlargement and also brings the blood sugar levels to get down. But make sure to have its juice by mixing honey in it instead of any sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Vitamin C is very helpful as this will aid in preventing the liver cells damage which may occur from the inflammatory conditions of the liver. So include fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C. Also you can have juices that are extracted from citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and others and consume them on an empty stomach which helps to deal with fatty liver.
2. Lifestyle Changes:
Along with the changes in the diet, you have to bring few changes in your daily lifestyle which is mentioned below.
- It’s advisable to limit your alcohol intake, as alcohol is one of the main causes for fatty liver. If you’re suffering from this condition then you have to stop alcohol consumption totally. But when once you get relieved of this fatty liver then you can maintain the safe limit (20 grams per day) of this alcohol consumption or else stop taking it.
- Being obese or overweight will be life risking. So reduce your weight by simply following the healthy and nutritious diet and having some exercise daily. Never ever skip meals and stay hungry for longer periods of time as this will aggravate the liver condition rather than this, have some regular exercise routine.
- Exercise is another important thing you have to do regularly to prevent not only fatty liver but also for the overall health. Exercising for not less than 30 minutes daily will help to maintain perfect health and weight. Or you can go with some special liver exercises like jogging, aerobics, etc. which are especially good for liver problem.
- Discontinuation of certain medications will affect the liver in a negative manner. So, its better to replace these medication with some less harmful one to get rid of this fatty liver.
- Hence intake of certain medicines like Metformin to treat insulin resistance diabetes, statin drugs for managing high cholesterol and meds that definitely help to treat obesity which are recommended by the doctor.
Barberry herb will aids in nourishing the liver and thus helps to perform the proper liver functions. You can take this herb in a supplement form as 400 mgs daily. This herb if taken in over dosage then it causes some toxicity and also leads to miscarriage in pregnant women (avoid taking this herb).
Licorice is an effective remedy for treating non – alcoholic fatty liver problems. This is widely used in Ayurveda to cure the liver disorders. Here is the recipe on how to prepare licorice tea for treating liver ailments.
- Licorice root powder – 1 to 2 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Strainer or sieve
- Take a cup and pour licorice root powder in it.
- Then pour boiling water over this licorice powder.
- Allow it to steep for few minutes by covering it.
- Now strain this liquid into another cup with the help of strainer or sieve.
- Have this licorice tea for once or twice a day to get relief from the non – alcoholic fatty liver.
- Continue consuming this tea daily until you healed completely from this fatty liver.
5. Cascara Sagrada:
Cascara sagrada will work as a digestive aid and thus supports the liver for its functioning of converting the fat into energy. Hence you can take this cascara sagrada in tincture form of up to 1 ml per day. But make sure that it should not be taken by pregnant women and also avoid taking this too frequently, as it causes diarrhea.
Dandelion is another effective remedy for fatty liver. It acts as a powerful liver cleanser and thus increases the bile production. It also helps to improve the pancreas, stomach, kidneys and spleen functions which in turn helps to reduce the liver problems. You can take this dandelion in raw or tincture or supplement form. To get rid of this fatty liver, you have to take 5 – 10 ml of this dandelion tincture daily until you cleared this fatty liver problem. Make sure that this dandelion has some side effects that include dermatitis and digestive troubles.
Goldenseal is one of the best natural remedies for treating the fatty liver. This herb helps in lubricating the liver thoroughly. This acts as a natural cleanser and a purifier which can be consumed as daily supplement to get rid of this fatty liver and other infections. Remember that pregnant women should not use this herbal remedy for treating their fatty liver.
8. Milk Thistle:
Milk thistle is one effective herb which has been used from ages to protect the liver by reducing the ALT and also from harmful effects of the toxins that arrives at the liver and causes damage to it. These milk thistle seeds are well known for its therapeutic properties and thus heal the damaged liver cells.
9. Green Tea:
Green tea has natural anti – oxidant property that helps to remove the toxins (harmful) from the liver and body. This tea also contains rich amounts of catechins which help to give support for the liver functions. Thus it helps to assist in improving the liver health. So consume this green tea for at least 2 – 3 times daily to get rid of the problem quickly.
10. Soy Proteins:
Recent studies has found that the consumption of soy proteins can also helps you to reduce the fat accumulation in the liver and thus helps in restoring the liver functions properly. So you’ll get this soy protein from soy beans, soy milk, tofu, yogurt, etc.
Avocados are nutrient dense super natural food that helps the body to produce glutathione which is essential for the liver to clear all the harmful toxins. In some recent studies also, it indicated that for improved liver health, you have to take avocadoes (to clean liver) regularly.
12. Carrots and Beetroots:
Carrots and beet roots have rich source of plant – flavonoids and beta – carotene that helps to stimulate and improve the overall liver functions. Carrots play an important role in flushing out all the toxins from the body and these carrots help a lot in preventing the inflammation or the infection of the liver that finally results in preventing hepatitis, cirrhosis and cholestasis. Hence have them regularly to clear the liver problems.
13. Vitamin E:
Vitamin E has therapeutic nature which helps to safeguard the liver against the toxins that in turn helps for normal cleansing process. Vitamin E is found in margarine and vegetable oil (soybean, safflower, corn and cottonseed), wheat germ, olives, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
Grapefruit is having rich amounts of vitamin C and anti – oxidants that increases the natural cleansing process of the liver. So regularly have a small glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice that helps to boost up the liver detoxification enzymes which in turn helps to flush out the carcinogens and other toxins in the liver.
Hepatitis is a condition in which the liver gets inflamed. There are different types of hepatitis like hepatitis A, B, C and so on which may differ from one another but all of these will result in the swelling and inflammation of liver cells. Coming to viral hepatitis, it is caused due to virus attacks. Although there are most common types of viral hepatitis are hepatitis A, hepatitis B and hepatitis C in which the least threatening problem is caused by hepatitis A is the least.
Whenever you detect the hepatitis symptoms like heaviness on the right side of the abdomen, loss of appetite, itching, tiredness, pale and grayish stool and also jaundice then you have to immediately apply some home remedies. Make sure that this hepatitis is mainly caused due to intake of alcohol and harmful chemicals, drug abuse, weak immune system, genetic condition, etc. But remember to consult your doctor after a day or two, if you’re unable to control this liver disease is wise thing to save the liver and your overall health.
Hepatitis A is highly contagious liver disease that caused due to hepatitis A virus (HAV), which is one among various types of hepatitis viruses that causes inflammation and thus affects the liver’s ability to function properly. You get this hepatitis A most commonly from the contaminated food or water or from the close contact with people who are infected with this problem. Remember that the mild cases of this hepatitis A doesn’t require any treatment, as most of the people who are infected will be recovered completely without any permanent damage caused to the liver and its functioning.
To get rid of this problem, you have to practice good hygiene like washing the hands frequently to protect yourself against the hepatitis A. however some vaccines are also available for the people who are mostly at risk. Some of the signs and symptoms that caused for this hepatitis A are fatigue, clay – colored bowel movements, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or discomfort, loss of appetite, joint pain, dark urine, low grade fever, jaundice with mild illness, etc.
This hepatitis A can be easily transmitted through these several ways like eating the food without washing the hands after using the toilets (especially for the infected people), drinking contaminated water, participating in sex with someone who is having this virus or being in close contact with a person who has infected, eating raw shellfish which is polluted in water with sewage, etc. Remember that hepatitis A will not cause any long term liver damage and also won’t be chronic but in rare cases, it might cause some loss of liver functioning which occurs suddenly particularly in the old or aged people or others those who has chronic liver diseases.
Some of the preventive measures for hepatitis A are avoiding all sexual activity if you or your partner is suffering from this hepatitis A (even the condoms won’t offer proper protection over spreading of this problem), daily make a habit of washing your hands properly after using the toilets (scrub for at least 20 seconds, rinse well and dry the hands with disposable towel) or changing the diaper or before preparing or eating the food, never ever prepare the food in the home especially for other, if you’re actively infected with this problem, the sufferer can take hepatitis A vaccine.
Hepatitis B is another serious liver infection that was caused due to hepatitis B virus (HBV). In certain cases, this hepatitis B liver infection will become chronic that lasts for more than 6 – 8 months which in turn increases the risk of getting liver failure, cirrhosis or liver cancer.
In almost all the people who are infected with hepatitis B, the adults will be recovered soon and completely but the children or the infants who are more likely to develop this chronic hepatitis B infection. The intake of vaccine will definitely help you to prevent this hepatitis B but make sure that if you already having it then you don’t have any cure. If you already infected then taking certain precautions will help to prevent its spreading of HBV to others.
Some of the signs and symptoms of this hepatitis B include dark urine, fever, abdominal pain, joint pain, loss of appetite, weakness and fatigue, vomiting, nausea and jaundice, etc. This virus can be passed from one person to another through blood, semen or any other body fluids.
Here are some of the common ways that this HBV is transmitted from one person to another are sexual contact with an infected partner in which their blood, semen, saliva, or vaginal secretions will enter into the body, sharing of needles and syringes which was contaminated with infected blood, usage of accidental needle sticks, from mother to child transfer at the time of birth.
Some of the preventive measures for hepatitis B include having safe or no sex with your sexual partner and be sure that usage of new latex condom will reduce the risk but don’t eliminate the risk completely, test your sexual partner and yourself before having sex to prevent this problem, never share your needles and syringes if you are using IV drugs and also stop sharing your razor blades or toothbrushes, etc. which might carry any traces of infected blood. Other than these, make sure to learn about hepatitis B, always stay connected with friends and family, take care about yourself especially about your liver by not drinking alcohol and intake of over the counter medications without consulting the doctor and taking the hepatitis B vaccine for the people who are suffering from this problem.
Hepatitis C is a liver infection that was caused by the virus which leads to inflammation. Most of the people are generally infected with the hepatitis C virus (HCV). It doesn’t show any symptoms, so most of the people don’t know that they are suffering from this hepatitis C liver infection till the liver gets damaged. This problem is one among several hepatitis viruses and it is considered as the most serious forms of viruses.
Hepatitis C is generally passed through the contact of contaminated blood (through needles which are shared commonly in the usage of illegal drugs). Even though, it doesn’t exhibit any symptoms but when once in the early stages of about 2 – 4 months after exposure to the virus then these following signs and symptoms will occur in small proportion in the infected people. They include nausea, poor appetite, fatigue, abdominal pain, fever, muscle and joint pains, dark colored urine, jaundice, etc.
Some of the preventive measures of hepatitis C include avoiding the alcohol consumption, avoid the intake of medications (OTC) which causes liver damage, prevent the other people for not to come in contact with your blood (if you’re suffering from this virus) by not sharing the toothbrushes, razors with other or not to donate the blood or body organs or semen to others, stop the usage of illicit drugs, must be cautious about the body piercing and tattooing by asking them about how their equipment is cleaned and also check whether the employees are using the sterile needles or not and if you don’t get the required answer then you simply go for another shop, its not safe to engage in any unprotected sex with multiple partners or with the partner who suffers from this health problem or those whose health status is unknown.
Home Remedies for Hepatitis:
Here are the natural home remedies for treating any type of Hepatitis. Try them regularly to get complete relief from the hepatitis.
1. Carom – Cumin Seed:
Carom has thymol which is an antiseptic and germicide that helps to prevent the virus causing hepatitis (of any form). Cumin seeds help to give relief from pain, helps for proper digestion of food and to get rid of the intestinal worms. This combinational process helps to give complete relief from the hepatitis by preventing the virus causing it and also by calming you from its symptoms.
- Carom seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Rock salt – pinch
- Water (optional)
- Take a pan and pour cumin seeds and carom seeds in it.
- Dry roast them properly and ground them to get its powder form.
- You can dry roast them separately and grind them to get powdered form separately and mix them in a bowl.
- Then add a pinch or little of rock salt to it and stir it well.
- Consume this spice mix in powdered form by swallowing them with a cup of water.
- Continue taking this mix for twice a day until you get complete relief from this hepatitis.
2. Licorice and Honey:
Licorice contains an active component called glycyrrhizin which helps to treat the hepatitis and also its complications. This active component reduces the levels of the liver enzymes like ALT to reduce the problem but make sure that not to take this without consulting your doctor. Honey help has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to get rid of the discomfort caused by it.
- Licorice powder – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 2 teaspoon
- Take a small bowl and add licorice powder and honey to it.
- Stir it well and drink this mixture to get relief from the hepatitis.
- Regularize the intake of this mixture for once daily until you get relief from the hepatitis.
Garlic is considered as a natural super food that effectively helps to purify the blood and also eliminate the toxic wastes from the body which helps for the better functioning of the liver.
- Garlic cloves – 1 to 3
- Take garlic cloves and peel it off the skin.
- Chew them in the morning with an empty stomach.
- Do this process in every morning to cure the hepatitis.
- Or else include the crushed garlic in the dishes and have them in your daily diet.
Turmeric contains anti – oxidant, anti – viral and antiseptic properties that help to improve the liver health considerably. Turmeric with its antiviral action helps to prevent the multiplication of viruses that causing hepatitis B and C and thus relieves the lungs from many problems and also helps for its proper functioning.
Method – 1:
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 glass
- Take lukewarm milk and add turmeric powder to it.
- Stir it well and drink this turmeric milk to get rid of the problem.
- Continue drinking this warm turmeric milk daily (prefer at night time) until you cleared this hepatitis.
Method – 2:
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Take a small bowl and add turmeric and honey to it.
- Stir it well and have this mixture to cure the hepatitis.
- Daily intake of this mixture will definitely help you to get heal from the hepatitis.
- Or you can include this turmeric powder in your daily cooking.
3) Liver Cirrhosis:
Cirrhosis is a disease of liver that working slowly. This slowly replaces the healthy liver tissues with scar tissues and thus it results in not functioning of the liver in a proper way why because the blood flows from and to the liver will get obstructed. As the time progresses, the liver reduces in size and also become hard like lather.
The initial symptoms of this problem have nausea, indigestion and vomiting. Then gradually starts with abdominal pain and also loses weight. Apart from this, you can also suffer from bad or foul breath, fever and the yellow skin that caused due to jaundice, atrophy, spleen enlargement, swelling, enlargement of salivary glands, bleeding gums, tiredness, etc.
If it worsens further, then you can get thin red spider like marks on the arms, neck, face and other body parts. The abdomen also gets bloated with some red marks on it. Excessive consumption of alcohol, poor nutritional diet, obesity, diabetes and presence of some toxins in the body are some of the major causes of this liver cirrhosis. Other than these, it is also caused due to Wilson disease, autoimmune hepatitis, granulomatous disease, hemochromatosis and other inherited diseases which will disrupt the normal functioning of the liver and its metabolism.
Home Remedies for Liver Cirrhosis:
Here are the natural home remedies for treating Cirrhosis. All you have to do is to follow them regularly to clear this problem.
1. Papaya Seeds:
Papaya seeds are very effective in treating the liver cirrhosis. It contains potassium, calcium, proteins, phosphorus, vitamins and carbohydrates which help to nourish the body, helps to treat the weakness of the muscles, treats fatigue, lowers high cholesterol levels and reduces the inflammation. It helps to detoxify the liver to treat this problem. Usage of these seeds is found to be more beneficial for treating this problem which is caused due to alcoholism and malnutrition.
- Crushed papaya seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Take crushed papaya seeds and place them in a sieve.
- Extract this seeds juice by pressing the sieve with a spoon.
- Then add lemon juice (prefer freshly squeezed) to this crushed seeds juice.
- Mix it well and have this to get relief from cirrhosis.
- Continue the intake of this mixture for twice daily for at least a month to get rid of the problem.
Yogurt helps a lot in reducing the LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood which in turn helps to control the weight and thus prevents the liver cirrhosis that caused due to obesity and excess accumulation of the fat. This yogurt also helps for the proper functioning of the liver by improving its condition, controlling the high sugar levels and also provides all the essential nutrition and the energy to the body. Good bacteria in yogurt are also helpful in fighting all the infections and thus reduce the severity of the symptoms.
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds powder – 2 teaspoon
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – a pinch
- Take yogurt and place this in a blender and add water to it.
- Blend it well and then add cumin seeds powder and a pinch of salt to it.
- Stir it well to make it buttermilk and drink this spiced buttermilk to get rid of the problem.
- Have this buttermilk twice daily until you get cleared from cirrhosis.
3. Lemon – Salt:
Lemon is another effective remedy for treating the liver problems (especially liver cirrhosis). It detoxifies and clears all the toxins in the liver and blood. This purifies the blood, enhances the natural defense system and thus reduces the inflammation. Regular usage of this lemon juice will definitely help you to improve the liver functions, prevents nausea feeling, osteoporosis and eliminates the toxins which promote the frequent urination.
- Lemon – half lemon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Water (Plain) – 1 glass
- Take half of the lemon and squeeze its juice properly.
- Then add this juice to the water.
- Add salt to it and stir it well.
- Drink this salty lemon juice to cure this cirrhosis.
- Repeat the same process for thrice daily until you get rid of the problem.
4. Carrot – Spinach:
Carrots with its rich amount of vitamin A help to protect the liver from toxic effects that caused due to environmental chemicals by flushing them out of the body. This also reduces the bile and fat deposits in the liver. It also contains soluble fibers which help to cleanse the liver and the colon by clearing out the waste from the liver.
- Carrot – 1
- Spinach – few leaves
- Take carrot and wash it well.
- Chop it and keep it aside.
- Then take spinach and soak it in plain water for about few minutes.
- Now take out these spinach leaves and throw out that water.
- Do the same thing for another time.
- But ensure that you have to cleared all the dust and soil in the spinach leaves.
- Take a blender or mixture grinder and grind both the spinach leaves and carrot.
- Take out the juice and drink this to relieve from the cirrhosis.
- Regularize the intake of this carrot – spinach juice once daily until you get complete cure from the cirrhosis.
5. Milk Thistle:
Milk thistle is an herbal remedy that effectively treats the cirrhosis and also the overall health of the liver. This herb cures and restores the lost vigor of the liver. Here is the process on how to prepare the milk thistle tea as a tonic for liver.
- Milk thistle seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Hot or boiled water – 1 cup
- Blender or Mortar and pestle
- Take milk thistle seeds and place them in mortar and pestle.
- Crush them finely to get powdered form.
- Then place these milk thistle crushed seeds in a cup.
- Now pour boiled or hot water over these crushed seeds.
- Allow it to steep for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Drink this milk thistle tea to heal the cirrhosis.
- Daily intake of this thistle tea for once a day will definitely help you to prevent liver cirrhosis and to provide good health to the liver.
Figs are considered as the power house of vitamins, nutrients, fibers and minerals which makes it as a great remedy for treating the liver cirrhosis and the symptoms caused by it. These figs if used regularly then it help to maintain the normal functioning of the body.
Method – 1:
- Fig leaves
- Take figs and wash them properly.
- Have these figs to get rid of the problem.
- Or you can take fig leaves and wash it properly.
- Then mash them finely and have these leaves paste to relieve from liver cirrhosis.
- Consume them regularly to get complete relief from the liver cirrhosis and other liver functions.
Method – 2:
- Fig leaves – 4
- Sugar candy
- Water – 250 ml
- Take fig leaves and wash them properly.
- Then take a blender and place these leaves along with sugar candies.
- Crush them together to get its powdered form.
- Now add this powder to water and stir it well.
- Consume this mixture to clear this liver problem.
- Follow this process of having this mixture for twice a day to get cured from the liver cirrhosis.
Radish generally promotes the bile juice production, maintains and regulates the proper functioning of the liver and gall bladder by removing the waste and other toxic material in the blood and liver. So have this radish regularly to get relieved from liver cirrhosis.
Method – 1:
- Take radish and wash it properly.
- Cut it into pieces and include these pieces in salads.
- Or extract its juice from the crushed radish juices.
- Or blend them properly to get its juice form
- Or you can also include this radish in your daily diet.
- Continue the intake of this radish daily until you get complete heal from the problem.
Method – 2:
- Radish leaves
- Take a pan and pour water in it and place them on heat or stove.
- Add properly washed radish leaves.
- Stir it and allow it to boil for few minutes.
- Then turn off the heat or stove and strain that boiled water with the help of strainer.
- Drink this radish leaves water regularly till you cleared all the liver problems.
Tips to Prevent the Liver Problems:
Here are some simple and effective tips which you have to follow them regularly to cure these liver problems and to have healthy functioning of the liver and thereby the overall body.
- Exercising regularly will help to stimulate the proper digestion of the food which you consumed and thus eliminates the formation of fat from the body. This daily exercise increases the sweating that in turn helps to remove the toxins from the skin and also relieves strain on the liver. So have your exercise for at least 40 minutes for 5 days in a week (compulsory) to get the desired benefits.
- Regular intake of plenty of fluoride free water will help to cleanse the system. So always drink about 10 – 12 glasses of water per day to keep the liver free from toxins and healthy for proper functioning.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it puts some strain on the liver and damages the cells in it. Thus the overall functioning will be disturbed and your health will be spoiled.
- Regularize the intake of artichoke to raise the effectiveness of liver function, especially used for treating hepatitis.
- Have a raw fruit and vegetable diet for every 2 – 4 weeks by starting this raw diet with a cleansing fast.
- It’s always better to avoid alcohol in any forms i.e., alcohol that included in drugs and flavorings (if you found it).
- Stop the intake of moldy or stale bakery products and grains as it has stated that the fungus byproduct known as aflatoxin amplifies the carcinogenic potential of the hepatitis infection.
- Stop or avoid eating fatty foods completely and also limit your protein intake to 100 – 200 Gms (or 3 – 6 ounces) per day to get rid of all these liver problems.
- Daily intake of 500 – 1000 milligrams of liver extracts for a period of 3 – 6 months will help you to get relief from liver problems especially from hepatitis and this usage will lower the liver enzyme levels.
- Make sure to take care of yourself by replacing the fluids with vegetable broth, diluted vegetable juices and herbal teas. Also have healthy diet in your daily life to treat the liver problems.
- If you’re suffering from hepatitis (of any type) then you can also take other herbs like green tea, yellow dock, red clover and black radish regularly.
- Intake of iron, zinc and colloidal silver supplements will be helpful for treating the hepatitis (especially hepatitis C).
- Usage of milk thistle is always best for treating all the liver problems and makes it to function properly.
- If you’re suffering from liver cirrhosis, then its best to have fresh fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and low fat dairy products which include apples, banana, berries, grapes, cabbage, tomato, parsley, cucumber, broccoli, spinach and other should be taken for at least 2 – 3 servings every day.
- Doing yoga particularly breathing exercise is also beneficial for treating all the liver problems.
- Make sure to consult the doctor particularly gastroenterologist (Liver Specialist) to know more about all the information that are related to these liver problems and also if its not cured within 2 – 3 days in the symptoms of all these liver problems for immediate medications and other treatment to get rid of these problems.
All these remedies and tips are natural, safe and effective remedies which you can easily try them at home. Make sure that you have to change your diet and some lifestyle habits to cure this problem. Consult your doctor immediately if symptoms persist.
This is all about Home Remedies to get rid of Liver Problems. Hope you’ll like this article and try them regularly to get relief from this liver problem. Consult these health care experts what they say about the keto diet & its benefits. Do you know another effective remedies and tips to cure this problem? Then share your experience with us.
Hi everyone, this is Rajee!
I live the beautiful city of Baltimore, where my husband works.
I’m from India. I have been visiting India on and off for past few years and my mom was an inspiration for me to start this site. She has a wealth of knowledge on home remedies for a large number of health problems, and we grew up in an environment where frequent visits to the doctor just wasn’t logistically or financially feasible.
Despite this, she managed to raise a family of healthy kids, and my goal here at Home Remedies for Life is to pass on some of her knowledge of natural remedies.