Perfectly shaped breasts enhance women’s beauty. However, over-sized breasts can make you look ugly and self-conscious. High estrogen levels during puberty and periods of menstrual cramps are the main reason for the bigger breasts. Our breasts contain different types of tissues which act as hormone receptors. The size and volumes of breast size depends on the hormone fluctuations.
Bigger breasts can lead to back pain, neck pain, breathing difficulty, affect posture and confidence. Dietary changes, lifestyle changes and home remedies can be helpful in reducing the breast size. But remember that these methods don’t particularly target the fatty tissue in the breasts. It helps to reduce overall weight which will ultimately result in breast size reduction.
Home Remedies for Reducing Breast Size
Ginger increases the metabolic rate which helps to burn the fat. As breasts are mostly made of fatty tissues, ginger helps in reducing the breast size as well.
- Peel and grate a ginger piece.
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger to 1 cup of water.
- Boil the mixture for 10 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Strain the mixture and sip the solution slowly.
- Consume 2 – 3 cups of ginger tea in a day.
- For added taste, you can honey.
2. Green Tea
Green tea is one of the effective ways for weight loss. The catechins present helps our body to burn the accumulated fat. Apart from that, it reduces the breast cancer risks.
- To a cup of hot water, add 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves.
- Cover the cup and let it steep for few minutes.
- Strain and drink it.
- Consume 3 – 4 cups of green tea in a day.
- For added taste, add some honey.
3. Egg Whites
Egg whites is considered one of the best remedies to reduce breast size. It helps to tighten the chest area and firm up the breasts which makes your breasts look smaller.
- Separate egg white for an egg.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms a smooth-cream like consistency.
- Spread the cream on the breasts.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- To a glass of water, add juice of 1 onion.
- Using the onion solution, rinse the egg white application.
- Repeat the process once in a day until you achieve the results.
4. Neem and Turmeric
During breastfeeding, breasts become bigger due to inflammation. The combination of neem and turmeric is an Ayurvedic remedy to reduce the inflammation and make the breasts firmer.
- Add handful of neem leaves into 4 cups of water.
- Boil the mixture for 10 minutes and strain.
- Add 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and some honey.
- Stir well and drink the solution while it is still hot.
- Repeat the process daily for few months.
Fenugreek seeds tone up the breast tissues and make them firm. This is why is considered one of the best ways to reduce breast size.
- Soak 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water.
- In the morning, grind the seeds along with the water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the breasts and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the application with water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process 2 times in a week.
6. Oil Massage
Since many centuries, massaging is considered the most effective ways for breast reduction. This process doesn’t not have any side effects. It can be performed at the comfort of your home.
- Bath normally and pat dry.
- Warm up enough amounts of oil. You can use either sesame oil, coconut oil or olive oil.
- Apply the oil on the breasts and massage in circular motions. Don’t apply or massage on the nipples.
- Continue massaging for 10 – 15 minutes on each breast.
- Leave the application for 20 minutes and wipe away the excess oil using a tissue.
- Repeat this method 2 times in a day for effective results.
Note: Avoid wearing a bra immediately after following this process. Wait for 30 minutes.
Exercises to Reduce Breast Size
Apart from home remedies, exercising is the best way to reduce the breast size and firm up the breasts. Here are few exercises you can add to your fitness regimen…
1. Cardio Workouts
Focus more on doing low-impact cardio workouts on a stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical trainer for 45 minutes at least 5 days in a week.
This is one of the effective strength training exercises which helps to reduce breast size as well. Here is how you have to do it.
- Lie down on your stomach, keeping your legs stretched and feet closer.
- Place the palms firmly against the ground, keeping your fingers slightly apart.
- Lift your chest up and remain in that position for 2 seconds and come down.
- Repeat the process for 10 minutes daily for effective results.
3. Weight Lifting
Lifting weights is also helpful in reducing breast size. If you cannot lift heavy weights then opt for the ones with lesser weight you can handle.
- Sit on a chair or stand firm.
- Take dumbbells in both hands.
- Lift them up and down. Continue doing this process as many times as you can.
- Repeat the process daily.
4. Hip Shift Exercise
This exercise not only reduces the breast size but also helps to reduce overall fat in the body.
- Stand straight and raise your hands in upward direction to your shoulder level.
- Hold your wrists and palms straightly.
- Inhale and push your hips towards the right side while bending the right leg.
- Exhale and come to the starting position.
- Do the same in the left side.
- Repeat the process 10 – 15 times in a day.
Doing yoga also help to reduce the breast size. Try different yoga postures and breathing exercises to reduce breast size and overall weight. The best yoga asana for breast reduction is ardha charkasana.
Apart from these exercises, jogging, running, climbing stairs and swimming also help to reduce the breast size.
Diet to Reduce Breast Size
Hormone fluctuations is the main reason the size and volume of the breasts. The higher estrogen present in the body, the bigger the breasts tend to be. Diet plays an important role in reducing the estrogen levels. Since most part of the breasts contain fat, healthy weight control is the optimal way to control the breast size. Here are some healthy tips to follow…
- Citrus Fruits: They contain good amounts of vitamin C, which increase the metabolic rate that helps to burn the excess fat. Drink 2 – 3 glasses of any citrus fruit juice daily.
- Omega fatty acids: Omega fatty acids help to burn the fat and maintain optimal health. You can find them in fish, flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds. You can also take them in supplement form like fish oil or flaxseed oil for reducing breast size.
- Dry Nuts: Dry nuts like almonds, brazillian nuts, macadamia nuts and walnuts increase the metabolic rate which in turn help to reduce the breast size.
- Avoid Oily Foods: Eating oily foods regularly increase the fat content in our body which leads to bigger breasts.
- Carrot Juice: It helps to reduce the breast size. Add a pinch of salt to carrot juice and drink it. Repeat the process 2 times in a day to notice the results.
- Choose a balance and calorie free diet: high-calorie foods increase the cholesterol levels and store the excess fat in the breasts. So, reduce the calorie content in your daily diet. Maintain balanced diet which includes fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid crash diet: Crash diet can have adverse effects on hormonal changes which can lead to bigger and fuller breasts.
- Reduce the amount of salt and sugar in your daily diet.
Tips and Precautions
- Larger breasts become tender and painful. Try using cold or hot compress to get relief.
- To avoid sagging, wear a full coverage bra that supports the breasts against the gravity.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking and other tobacco products.
- Maintain a good posture while sitting and standing.
- Choose your clothes that suit and fit your body structure.
- Give up medications that increase the breast size.
- Avoid taking breast reduction pills.
- Educate yourself more by reading through the top women’s health bloggers list we have piled up for you.
These are the techniques you have to follow to reduce the breast size without undergoing the surgery. You may not see the results overnight but with following the process regularly and patience you can achieve what your desire.
If you have any further questions or queries, write to us in the comment section below. We are happy to hear from you.
Prepare for menopausal stage by checking out the top things you need to know in our separate post.