Due to pollution, lifestyle and other factors, our skin suffers a lot which leads to acne, wrinkles, pigmentation and many other skin ailments. Nourishing our skin with essential vitamins like vitamin C can helpful in dealing with them and maintaining the skin flawless.
Why is Vitamin C so effective?
- It breaks down the free radicals into harmless compounds before they damage the skin.
- Improves the complexion and evens out the skin tone.
- Acts as anti-aging.
- Restricts excess oil production.
- Rejuvenates skin by improving collagen production.
Want to include vitamin C in your skin care routine? Well, here are the top 10 best vitamin C serums you can try. We have picked them from various in-demand brands based on their performance.
Let’s take a look at the best vitamin C serums for Face
This product contains 15% of vitamin C in the form of L-ascorbic acid. It helps in neutralizing the damaging free radicals and brightening the skin. Apart from that, it contains 0.5% Ferulic acid and 1% vitamin E. Vitamin E helps in replenishing the skin’s lipids. It is suitable for normal and oily skin types. You have to use 4 to 5 drops for increased effectiveness.
- Even after washing, it works up to 72 hours.
- Dries up very quickly.
- Very light and smooth in consistency.
- Very pricey when compared to other products.
This product is often referred as the twin product of SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic. It contains 15% of the vitamin C in the form of L-ascorbic acid. Vitamin C helps in dealing with free radicals causing acne. It is effective for normal and oily skin types. The pH level of this product is 3. As per our reviews, though it smells a little odd, it is easily absorbable by our skin.
- Much affordable than the first product.
- Has less pH level.
- Effective for normal and oily skin types.
- Smell is not liked by many people.
This product contains the highest percentage of vitamin C when compared to other products in this list. It contains 22% vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate. Vitamin C helps in dealing with many skin ailments including acne, wrinkles and age spots. It removes the pigmentation and lightens the skin tone. It has a pH level of 6.5 which comes in the range of a normal skin (4 to 7). So it has a very less chance of irritation and negative reactions.
- No paraben, sulfates, synthetic dyes and added aromas.
- Not tested on animals.
- The product comes with a money back guarantee.
- Highest vitamin C percentage than others.
- Some people didn’t notice any difference quickly.
This product contains 20% of Vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate. The pH level of the serum is in the limit of normal skin (4 to 7). So there is a less chance of causing irritation. Apart from vitamin C, it contains hyaluronic acid, ferulic acid, Vitamin E, and astaxanthin. This serum provides brighter, healthier skin with a radiant finish.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- It is not too runny and easily absorbed by the skin.
- Hydrates the skin.
- It may dry out the skin for some people.
This serum contains 20% vitamin C, pure vegan hyaluronic acid, amino complex and MSM. Vitamin C improves the collagen and deals with acne. Hyaluronic acid acts as a natural moisturizer to provide smooth skin. Amino complex helps in maintaining youthful skin and MSM provides even skin tone.
- Doesn’t contain any strong smell.
- Effective in providing results.
- Quite affordable
- The consistency of the serum is not liked many people.
This product contains vitamin C in three forms which increases its absorption power. It contains other natural and powerful antioxidants. This serum reduces fine lines, fights with stubborn acne, lightens acne scars and provides youthful skin. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals like paraben or alcohol.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Cruelty and paraben free.
- Watery consistency.
- It smells a little odd.
This serum contains 20% of vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate. Apart from that, it also contains vegan botanical hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and other natural ingredients like organic witch hazel, jojoba oil, gotu kola and geranium. It doesn’t contain any parabens, GMO’s, sodium lauryl sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors, and fragrances.
- Shrinks pores, clears up acne and prevents breakouts.
- Powerful anti-aging formula
- Easily absorbable
- Patch test before trying out regular treatments as may not be suitable for all skin types.
- Smells a little odd
This product contains 20% vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Vitamin E, 10% hyaluronic acid and other natural ingredients like glycerin, jojoba oil, horsetail extract, geranium extract, dandelion extract, organic aloe vera and gotu kola extract. It helps to reduce fine lines, freckles, acne, and age spots. It regenerates new skin cells to provide youthful skin.
- Ideal for all skin types
- People with redness, sagging, blotches and scarring can also apply
- Easily absorbs into the skin
- May cause irritation for some people if allergic to any ingredients.
This product contains 20% active vitamin C which formulated with vegan hyaluronic acid. It helps in treating acne, lightens the acne scars, and reduces fines lines and wrinkles. The high percentage of hyaluronic acid moisturizes deeply. The antioxidants present in it reduce the skin damage and removes impurities.
- Spreads excellently.
- Can be used under makeup.
- Can observe improvement in few weeks.
- Dries out the skin.
This product contains 20% vitamin C, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid and other natural ingredients like sea buckthorn oil and organic rosehip oil. They help to brighten up the skin, improve collagen, treat acne, lightens acne scars and removes fine lines and wrinkles. It restores youthfulness to the skin.
- Can be used daily before applying makeup.
- Spreads easily.
- Alcohol and paraben free
- Some people complained about the smell.
Caution Before Using Vitamin C:
Some people might be allergic to vitamin C. So, it is to better patch test before using it. If the application of any serum is causing irritation, burning sensation or redness then rinse off the application and avoid using it further. Especially people with sensitive skin should be more careful of trying strong vitamin C serums like the ones we have mentioned.
If it has worked on your friend’s skin, then it doesn’t mean it will work for you as well and vice versa. So, try it for a few weeks before coming to any conclusion. Most of the above products come with a money-back guarantee, so don’t worry.
End of Note:
We hope our review has provided enough information for you to choose the right product as per your need. If you have any questions or suggestions, write to us in the comments section below. We are happy to hear from you.
Hi everyone, this is Rajee!
I live the beautiful city of Baltimore, where my husband works.
I’m from India. I have been visiting India on and off for past few years and my mom was an inspiration for me to start this site. She has a wealth of knowledge on home remedies for a large number of health problems, and we grew up in an environment where frequent visits to the doctor just wasn’t logistically or financially feasible.
Despite this, she managed to raise a family of healthy kids, and my goal here at Home Remedies for Life is to pass on some of her knowledge of natural remedies.