Acne scar on face always reminds you of the acnes you had in that area. Marks on face can give nightmares till they are completely erased. Acne is caused when the hair follicles get clogged with dust, oil and dead cells. Here are some of the home remedies with aloe vera to lighten your scar and get a clear acne free skin.
Why Aloe Vera For Acne Scars?
Aloe vera, a succulent plant has long been used in beauty products due to its immense benefits. Both aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice is used in the treatment of acne, acne scars, sun burn, sun tan, skin rashes, minor bruises and wounds. The anti-bacterial, anti- inflammatory, astringent and antiseptic property of aloe vera helps to reduce acne and clear acne scars naturally.
- Compounds such as polysaccharides and gibberellins found in aloe vera possess anti-bacterial property that helps combat acne bacteria, heal wounds and enhance cell growth
- Aloe vera has soothing and healing property that soothes painful acnes, accelerates the healing process and lightens scar
- It acts as a natural astringent to remove excess oil, dead cells and dust and reveal a clear, healthy skin
- Its anti-inflammatory property reduces inflammation, redness and soothes pain from infectious acne
- Antioxidants found in aloe vera fights free acne radicals and repairs damaged skin. While Vitamin E, C and zinc works on skin to light scars
How To Use Aloe Vera For Acne Scars?
1. Aloe Juice Face Pack
Aloe vera and chick pea flour pack clears excess oil, dead cells and unwanted dust. It lightens acne marks and provides an even skin tone.
- Wash face with a mild aloe vera face wash to remove excess oil and dust.
- Mix 1 tbsp of chick pea flour and 1 tsp of turmeric powder with enough aloe juice to form a thick paste.
- Apply the face pack and leave it to dry.
- Gently scrub skin with moisten fingers to remove the pack and wash with clean water.
- Follow up with a light aloe vera moisturizer.
2. Aloe juice drink
- Pure aloe vera juice when taken internally works from inside to flush out accumulated toxins from the body and promote a glowing skin.
- The safest way to have aloe juice is to start with little quantity and gradually increase the dose. This way your body can adjust itself to this new drink. Try mixing fresh ginger or lemon grass if you do not like to take plain aloe juice.
- You can also dilute the juice with cool water or blend with any non-acidic fruit juice before consumption.
Note: For internal use always remember to choose aloe juice made specifically for drinking.
3. Fresh aloe vera gel
Regular application of aloe vera gel clears acne bacteria, soothes irritated and painful pimples, heals skin and clears blemishes.
- Break mature aloe vera stem and apply a layer of the fresh oozing gel on face.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Apply one more coat and massage your face paying more attention to the scars.
- Wash face with clean water.
- The gel can be applied on face, left overnight and washed off the next morning.
- Note: You can also use packaged pure aloe vera gel from the market.
4. Aloe Vera Gel and Organic Turmeric
The light coarse texture of turmeric acts as a gentle scrub. Both turmeric and aloe vera act as natural antiseptic to repair irritated skin, soothe painful acnes and lighten scars.
- Mix 1 tbsp aloe gel with a pinch of turmeric powder and apply on face.
- Let it sit for around 10 minutes.
- Using wet fingers gently massage your facial skin for 5 minutes and wash face.
5. Aloe Vera, Honey and Lemon
It is an excellent remedy for removal of acne scars. Lemon and honey are natural bleaching agents. They help to clear blemishes and reveal clear skin.
- Mix equal quantities of aloe vera, hone and lemon in a clean bowl.
- Apply the mixture on the acne scars.
- Let it sit for couple of minutes.
- Massage acne scars for few minutes and wash off.
- Note: The mixture can also be applied on the entire face if there are no open acne wounds or bruises on the skin. Lemon should never be applied on open wounds to avoid irritation
6. Aloe Vera Gel and Almond Oil
Almond oil moisturizes skin and lightens scars naturally.
- In a clean bowl mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel with 2 drops almond oil.
- After following the above mentioned scrubbing process, use the prepared mixture to massage your face gently.
- Massage with gently strokes till your skin completely absorbs the mixture.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wipe off with a moist issue paper.
- You can also massage your face with the mixture and leave it overnight.
7. Aloe Juice and Almond Powder
Almond powder acts as a gentle scrub to remove dust and dead cells. Almonds are rich in vitamin E helpful to remove scars and promote healthy skin.
- Grind 10 almonds in a grinder to a fine powder.
- Mix 1 tbsp of this powder with aloe vera juice to make a paste.
- Apply it as a face mask.
- Leave for 20 minutes to dry.
- Gently scrub your face with wet fingers to remove pack and wash face with clean water.
- Follow the method every day for a clear acne free skin.
- Aloe vera soothes skin, repairs acne wounds and lightens blemishes
Tips and Precautions
- If you are planning to have aloe juice as a drink then make sure you are not allergic to onions, garlic and tulips or plants belonging to the lilac family. If you are allergic to these then you are allergic to aloe vera also.
- Consult Doctor before drinking aloe juice that is prepared for internal use. Always start with less quantity.
- The best way to use aloe vera for acne scar is to apply the gel directly from fresh broken aloe vera stem.
The above methods when followed regularly combined with healthy lifestyle can reduce acne and acne scars.
Did you find the above methods useful to minimize acne and lighten scars? Do share your aloe vera home remedies for acne scar with us.