Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. Eczema is an acute or chronic non contagious inflammation of the skin, characterized by redness, itching, burning, scaling & blistering. It is often caused by the allergy of the skin. Some people tell that eczema will not be cured but reduced a lot. Besides the artificial medications regularly followed, try these natural homemade remedies which are more effective & reduces or even cure the problem of eczema.
Home Remedies for Eczema:
1 Vitamin E
Vitamin E protects the body from free radicals & other damaging by products of body metabolism & it helps in regulating vitamin A (fat soluble vitamin which helps for normal functioning of immune system). With the above factors it helps to cure the eczema.
- Bring a vitamin E oil Capsule or take vitamin E Supplements, which contains natural D – alpha tocopherol with mixed natural tocopherals.
- Apply it directly on the affected area of eczema or you can take any supplement of vitamin E oil supplements.
- But make sure to avoid synthetic vitamin E or vitamin E acetate which increase the problem.
2 Chamomile Tea
Chamomile has anti inflammatory & anti oxidant properties. It helps to boost up the immune system which helps to kill the bacteria & cures from eczema.
- Take a fresh dried chamomile herb.
- Steep it for 15 minutes in water.
- Apply it on the affected area of eczema with gauze.
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Continue the process to get better results.
3 Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is having a healing property for both inside & outside the body. It has the ability to give the bolstering effect to the immune system for healing process. It also reduces the inflammation, swelling & itching of the skin & vitamin E is having anti oxidant property by which both aloe vera & vitamin E will helps to cure the eczema.
- Take a fresh aloe vera gel & vitamin E oil.
- Mix both the ingredients properly.
- Apply it on the affected area of eczema.
- Leave it for few minutes
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Gel freshly taken from the aloe vera leaf will give better results.
4 Gentian Tincture
Gentian tincture is having the property of eliminating the toxins & helps the digestive system to digest properly & completely. Otherwise, it may cause irritation to the skin & reduces the eczema.
- Get gentian tincture.
- Take ten drops of it before going to take the each meal.
- Do it every day until the problem has solved or reduced.
Cucumber is rich in antioxidants. It helps in treating the eczema through detoxification of the skin & organs. It also contains anti inflammatory property. It absorbs the nutrients from inside out & allows the vitamins & minerals to treat the eczema. It is also rich in vitamin A, which helps to improve the functioning of immune system to get rid of the problem.
Remedy – 1:
- Take one or two cucumbers
- Cut it into thin slices
- Let it to soak in water for 10 minutes, to absorb its property to heal the problem.
- Then filter the liquid from slices
- Apply the liquid on the affected area of eczema with clean cloth or if needed use gauze.
Remedy – 2:
- You can directly take the raw cucumber by eating it daily once.
- Or you can even take a cucumber & cut it into slices.
- Apply the slices directly on the affected part will allows the ascorbic & caffeic acids to reduce the inflammation & redness & cures the eczema.
Remedy – 3:
You can make the skin cream or paste of cucumber which is more effective at home only.
- Take a cucumber & make it juice by using blender.
- Add milk to it
- Now mix the cucumber juice & milk properly.
- Apply this on the affected part of the skin.
- Leave it for few minutes & rinse it off with normal water.
It stimulates the production of new skin cells, as it is having high silica content which in further helps to reduce the eczema.
- Take 50 mg of ground horsetail herb or plant.
- Mix it in 1 liter of water.
- Boil this paste for about 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for some time before applying it.
- Now filter the liquid into your bath water.
- Then take bath with that liquid for about 10 minutes.
7 Calendula / Marigold Flowers
Calendula helps in reducing the inflammation, eliminating the bacteria & helps the skin to get quick heal from the eczema. Lavender essential oil has anti septic, anti bacterial, anti inflammatory properties & helps for immune booster, lavender essential oil is also used as a stress reliever.
- Take the herbs of calendula / marigold flower & five drops of lavender essential oil.
- With the above ingredients, make a fine tea.
- Apply it on the eczema affected part of the skin.
- Twice a day repeat the process to get quick relaxation from the irritation & eczema.
- Or you can take either any one of the above mentioned ingredients or its supplements to get good results on eczema reduction.
It helps for soothing the itchy skin & reduces the eczema to spread all over the body.
- Take 2-3 carrots & peel it off.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Boil these carrot pieces until they become soft.
- Now mash it to form a fine paste.
- Apply it on the eczema affected part of the skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
Juniper berries acts as an antiseptic, antibacterial & anti inflammatory, it helps to prevent the eczema. It also acts as a soothing property which helps to calm & repair the irritated skin. Sage will helps to soothe the irritated part. Thyme is an effective anti microbial which helps to reduce the proliferation of viruses during infections & reduces the eczema.
- Take ground juniper berry, sage & thyme in equal quantity of 1 tbsp each.
- Mix it in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover this for 5-10 minutes.
- Now take this whole cup as a drink after completing your main meal.
10 Evening Primrose Oil
It contains gamma linoleic acid which helps to reduce the skin inflammation. It also contains anticoagulant which helps to reduce the eczema.
- Take evening primrose oil in the capsule form by orally.
- This helps to prevent the eczema by taking a long time.
- Take the advice of the doctor to use it as a medicine.
Oatmeal helps to soothe the skin & eliminates itching to reduce eczema.
- Use colloidal oatmeal by grinding rolled oats into a fine powder.
- Add few handful of colloidal oatmeal to running bath water.
- Dissolve completely in the water to have its appearances in milky white form.
- Get into that bath water carefully.
- Soak it for 15 minutes but you feel a little burning & irritation feel.
- Rinse it off with cool water once you come out of the bath tub.
- Pat it dry yourself & use a moisturizer on the affected part of the skin.
- Twice a day, repeat the process to get rid of itching & rashes caused by eczema.
It acts as anti inflammatory & reduces the inflammation & itching associated with eczema.
- Take 1 tsp of dried root of licorice.
- Add it to 8-12 ounces of water.
- Let it in simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Drink that liquid for 2 – 3 times a day.
- Or you can licorice extract in form of moisturizers to apply for the affected part of the skin.
13 Yogurt & Peas
Yogurt contains pro-biotic bacteria which directly influences the immune system by increasing the production of mucosa immune defender. Peas soothe the itchy & irritated skin & reduce the eczema.
- Take a cup of yogurt & handful of fresh peas.
- Make a creamy paste by adding the above ingredients with the help of the blender.
- Now apply this creamy paste on the eczema affected part of the skin.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- By using cotton soaked in warm water, remove the creamy paste.
14 Colloidal Silver Bath
It reduces the itchiness & kills the bacteria which cause the eczema.
- Bring colloidal silver from the departmental stores.
- Add few drops of colloidal silver while taking bath in the bath tub.
- Take your bath with that water to get rid of the itchiness & irritation.
Tips to Prevent Eczema:
- Do regular exercises & include nutrition food in your diet.
- Avoid junk foods, sugar & artificial sweeteners, chemically sprayed vegetables & fruits without washing etc.,
- Drinking plenty of water makes you hydrated & helps to maintain your body & mind healthy.
- As we know Stress is a main cause for all problems, same for this also. So, minimize your stress levels by doing yoga, deep breathing techniques, meditation etc.,
- Sweat acts as a main trigger for eczema. So, avoid sweat by taking proper shower whenever you get sweat or went out because dirt will cause again irritation.
- Change all the things like detergents, soaps, type of clothes etc. which irritates your skin & causes eczema to you.
- Avoid wearing the clothes like wool or synthetic fabrics (rough, tight, scratchy) which causes itchy & irritates the skin by rubbing on it. You have to wear cool, smooth textured cotton clothes to get relief from the scratching & eczema.
- Note all the activities (every day) which you have done on the particular day, which helps to know what causes you itchy & irritating your skin and finally leads to eczema. By doing like we can know the things & get start the self – diagnosis to solve the problem.
- Take natural supplements rather than artificial or chemical compounds while using it on your body, which reduces the acidity levels in your body & prevent or reduces the eczema.
- Include food that contains zinc, B complex, fish oils, grape juice, omega 3 fatty acids, tuna, avocados, eggs, organic raw nuts, fresh salmon or tuna from unpolluted water, organic hemp, chia, flax seeds needs to ground with a coffee grinder before consuming it.
- Try to maintain yourself hygienic like using creams that contains neem oil & aloe vera products.
- Take lukewarm bath everyday & pour a little amount of milk & almond oil in it while taking the bath.
- Allow your skin to dry after taking bath to avoid it not to spread to other parts of the body.
- Use lotions which soothe & moisturize your skin without clogging pores like coconut butter lotion, colloidal oatmeal lotion, calamine lotion (anti itching cream) or any other lotion on the affected area after taking the bath.
- Avoid scratching whenever possible as if you scratch the eczema bacteria will spread & the problem will be made more. You can avoid scratching by covering the itchy area, trimming your nails or get concentrated on other interested work.
- Use of mild soaps & shampoos which do not contain dyes or alcohols will not aggravate your eczema.
- Apply Vaseline or aqauphor on the affected areas by slightly rubbing on it after cleaning the affected area properly.
- Wash your hands for every hour if possible or whenever you want to eat something, after that you apply a light hand cream this is why because when you touch the eczema, bacteria gets inside & spreads so to get rid of that problem wash your hands but don’t use the alcohol based hand washes.
- Use a humidifier which adds moisture to the air inside your home & makes you feel comfortable. But make sure to keep your humidifier clean to prevent the growth of bacteria & fungi, which raises the problem rather than to decrease it.
- Applying organic & virgin coconut oil will help you better than any other creams in curing & preventing eczema.
- Include Vitamin A, D & E containing foods, zinc, B – complex in your diet to cure the eczema.
- Apply cold milk by using a cotton ball drenched in it on the affected part of the skin, as it reduces the itchy feel.
Symptoms of Eczema:
- Intense itching
- Hay fever
- Chronic or repeatedly occurring symptoms
- Intolerance to certain foods which causes disturbance in your stomach
- Itching will be severe especially at night.
- Red – brownish gray colored patches
- Thickened, cracked or scaly skin
- Skin pigmentation will get changed
- Ear discharge or bleeding
- Skin inflammation
- Fluid filled small blisters that ooze
Diet Plans for Eczema:
Diet plays a major role for Eczema, as it can increase or decrease the eczema. As diet or food plan can also cause the eczema. People suffering with eczema will have to follow these diet plans to control or reduce the eczema.
Foods to be Avoided to Prevent Eczema:
- Spicy & Oily foods
- Fermented cheese
- Saturated fats
- Dairy products
- Sea foods
- Refined carbohydrates & sugars
- Saturated fats
- Animal protein
- Fluids like tea, coffee etc.
Foods to be Taken to Prevent Eczema:
- Raw fruits & vegetables
- Goat milk or cheese
- Brown rice
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Oolong tea
- Yogurt or buttermilk
- Complex carbohydrates like from vegetables, fruits & vegetables
- Seeds of pumpkin, sesame, sunflower
- Vegetarian source of protein which gets from beans, lentils, pulses, soy products, nuts, seeds etc.,
- Whole grains
- Water & fresh fruits or vegetable juices
- Flaxseeds or its oil
- Cabbage & Cranberries
- Vitamin A containing foods like sweet potato, winter squash, collard greens, calf’s liver etc.,
- Vitamin C like oranges, kiwi fruits etc.,
- Vitamin E like almonds, avocados, peanuts, mangoes, brazil nuts, broccoli etc.,
- Zinc like Barley, chicken, crab, oysters, turkey etc.
Triggers of Eczema:
- Food allergy
- Other allergies like house dust mite, animals or pets
- Changes in temperature
- Dry skin
- Viral or bacterial infections
- Environmental surroundings & situations
- Swimming in chlorinated swimming pools
- Scratching which causes infection
- Other things which irritates your skin like perfumes, soaps, detergents, clothes which you wear etc.
- Changes in hormones
- Food intolerance
- Poor fat metabolism
- Immunity system with low capability/resistant
- Cigarette smoking & drinking alcohol