All of us love to have a perfect well-toned slim body. Ideal body weight is one of the best ways to keep diseases at bay. Hectic lifestyle, junk food, irregular eating habits, stress and hormonal imbalance, sedentary lifestyle are some of the factors that cause obesity.
Weight loss pills, herbal drinks and tablets can just be of temporary fix for fat loss. Regular use of weight loss products can lead to some serious health problems in the long run. Switching to natural remedies is the best way to cut down pounds without any side effects. Lemons are a great way to cut down fat and enhance the weight loss process.
Can Lemons Help in Weight Loss?
Lemons are one of the best gifts of nature with amazing health benefits. Lemon juice has long been a proven remedy for effective weight loss. Here is why these sweet smelling citrus fruits can help losing fat.
- Lemons are loaded with pectin fibers that prevent hunger pangs thus cutting down junk food intake.
- Lemon juice is a powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, E and A, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- The alkaline property of lemon juice maintains a healthy pH level within the body which in turn prevents fat storage.
- Lemons contain a compound called polyphenol that help in weight loss.
- Drinking a glass of lemon water everyday helps to flush out toxins from the body, enhances proper functioning of the vital organs including liver and kidney as well as boost the immunity system.
How To Have Lemon Juice For Weight Loss?
1. Fresh Lemon Juice
Lemon juice with warm water is a time proven remedy for fat loss. It helps to flush out toxins from the body, melt fat and reduce body weight.
- Mix fresh juice of half a lemon in a glass of luke warm water. You can also add 1 tsp honey.
- Drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
- Another way to make a lemon drink is to slice fresh lemons and place them in a pitcher filled with water. Let the juice and flavor from lemon slices diffuse into water for about 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove the lemon slices and drink the lemon flavored water throughout the day.
2. Lemon Juice with Green Tea
The rich antioxidants in green help to fight free radicals and reduce weight. Adding a dash of lemon juice in green tea multiplies the weight loss effect.
- Add 1 tsp green tea leaves to a cup of boiling water and simmer for 1 minute.
- Switch off heat and cover the utensil with a lid to steep the tea leaves for 2 minutes.
- Strain green tea in a cup and add 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- You can sweeten tea with a tsp of honey.
- Drinking lemon green tea everyday aids weight loss.
Note: You can also replace green tea leaves with chamomile or dandelion tea leaves.
3. Lemon Juice with Herbal Drink
Ginger, cinnamon and cardamom are some of the spices that enable weight loss. The essential oils of these spices help to cut down fight.
- Pour 1 ½ cup water in a sauce pan and add 1 inch roughly crushed fresh ginger.
- Bring the water to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Cover the pan’s lid and let it stand for 1 more minute.
- Strain the decoction and mix 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Add 1 tsp honey if required.
- Drink when the decoction is still warm.
Note1: Replace ginger with other spice to make respective herbal decoction
Note1: You can also add the spices to boiling water while making tea
4. Lemon With Fruit Juice
Lemon goes very well with certain fruit juices thus increasing the weight loss effect.
- Adding a dash of fresh lemon juice to certain fruit juices such as guava, papaya, sugarcane watermelon enhances its flavor and nutritional content as well
5. Refreshing Lemon Drink
A glass of refreshing lemon drink is a great way to weight loss. Just add few herbs and spices to triple the weight loss effect. Here is an easy lemon drink recipe
- You will need 2 inch fresh ginger piece, 6-10 fresh mint leaves, fresh juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp black salt and 1 cup crushed ice
- Roughly crush ginger and mint leaves
- Add all the ingredients in 2 glasses of water and stir well to make refreshing drink
6. Lemon Juice, Black Pepper and Honey
Black pepper also helps in weight loss besides boosting the immunity system
- Mix 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp honey and ½ tsp fresh black pepper powder. Have this mixture everyday
- You can also mix the above mixture in a glass of luke warm water and drink. Just use 1 tbsp lemon juice instead
7. Lemon, Cucumber and Mint
The blend of lemon, cucumber and mint has amazing weight loss effect besides cooling the body on a hot summer afternoon.
- Peel and slice 1 cucumber. Place the slices in a juicer. Now add a 10 mint leaves, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp black salt and run the blender.
- Pour the juice in tall glasses, top up with crushed ice and serve garnish with mint leaves.
- Alternatively you can also make thin slices of cucumber and lemon. Place the slices in a pitcher of water and add 10 roughly torn mint leaves. Let the water with the ingredients stand for at least 2 to 4 hours and drink the water
8. Lemon, Orange, Basil and Honey
Replace your fizzy drinks with this healthy one. Oranges are filled with loads of vitamin C, fiber and other vital compounds that help in losing fat. Basil boost.
- Peel and slice 2 oranges to add in a juicer. Now add ½ tsp sea salt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp and 10 basil leaves.
- Blend well and pour juice in tall glasses. The sweetness of honey and basil leaves should be good enough to balance the tartness of citrus fruits.
- Top up with crushed ice and serve chilled.
Tips and Precautions
- Always use fresh lemon juice to reap its complete benefits as bottled lemon juice are filled with artificial additives.
- Lemon juice is acidic in nature. Regular intake of it can erode enamel and weaken teeth. Hence it is advisable to use a straw while drinking to protect the teeth from the acidic effect of lemon juice.
- Only drinking lemon juice and following the above remedies can no way help in complete weight loss. The above remedies when done with regular exercise and balanced diet can help to enhance the weight loss process
- Lemon juice is very potent. Hence taking 2 to 3 tbsp of lemon juice per day can do the trick
The above home remedies can be easily practiced from home to lose weight. If you know more remedies using lemon for weight loss then please feel free to share them with us here.